Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tag! I'm It!

Well, my friend Denyse has tagged me to participate in this "thing" about the Number 8.  I hope I can get eight things in all of the categories.  It should not be hard since I like to eat (wayyyyyy too much!), I love music, I watch TV and I get excited about planning for the future.  So, here goes.

8 TV Shows I Watch

1.  House Hunters
2.  Design on a Dime
3.  John and Kate Plus 8
4.  Little People, Big World
5.  Ice Road Truckers
6.  Overhaulin'
7.  My First House
8.  Designed to Sell
(I am addicted to HGTV)

8 Favorite Restaurants

1.  Saltgrass
2.  Pei Wei
3.  Johnny Carino's
4.  Lafayette's
5.  ElCharo
6.  Olive Garden
7.  Sylvia's in Santa Fe
8.  My Mother's kitchen for fried chicken or chicken and dumplins
(it may be cheating to do this last one, but my Mom's food was the best!!)

8 Things That Happened Today

1.  I had coffee with Gary this morning 
(our usual morning ritual)
2.  I worked with the babies in PDO
3.  I met a new friend (Dala) who helped me in PDO
4.  I got to hear Emma say, "I did it!" in person.
5.  I went to WalMart to buy groceries (oh joy! oh joy!)
6.  The sun rose this morning and we had a gloriously beautiful day!
7.  I bought most of the ingredients for Aji de Gallina
(move over Peruvian cooks!  Here I come!)
8.  The news people are still talking about John Travolta's son's death.  Why
don't they just leave this poor family alone!?!

8 Things I Look Forward To

1.  The trip to the Northwest US and Canada with Gary in April and May
2.  The ladies meeting that we are planning at HTBC in March
3.  Caribbean trip in September (I hope)
4.  My sister Karen retiring so we can spend more time together
5.  Gary retiring so we can spend more time together
6.  65 and Medicare!!  (Hah!  Hah!)
7.  Lee getting his Master's Degree and going on to do what
the Lord has planned for his life
8.  Grandchildren

8 Things I Wish For

1.  Happiness for my children
2.  Good health
3.  No pain for Sheila so she can enjoy life more
4.  Tre' to get the help he needs from Dr. Minrth
5.  Grandpa to be happy in his "golden years"
6.  Anthony John to find the place he belongs
7.  Gary to retire
8.  My church to be a loving, caring body of Christ once again

8 Songs I Just Listened To

1.  Jesus Loves Me
2.  Oh, How I Love Jesus
3.  Jesus Loves the Little Children
4.  If You're Happy and You Know It
5.  How Much Is that Doggie in the Window? 
6.  Word of God Speak
7.  Homesick
8.  I Can Only Imagine

8 People I Tag

1.  Elizabeth Anne
2.  Paige
3.  Addie
4.  Shannon
5.  Rachel
6.  Lindsey
7.  Malia
8.  Kara

(I realize that Denyse has already tagged some of these individuals, but I
don't know that many who blog and maybe if we tag them twice they will respond!)

  

2 comments:

Denyse said...

Great job Mrs. Cheryl! And I love your new layout =)

Michelle B. said...

OH, Cheryl, I grew up in Washington! It is just beautiful there; take lots of pictures to show us.

I love how you write; I'm becoming a fan!